March 24, 2018 2-5 pm | Intro to Photography Workshop
The goal for the Intro workshop is to get you comfortable with you camera and shooting in manual mode. The first hour of this 3-hour workshop is going over those seemingly daunting camera settings you’ve heard about but don’t know how to use. We explain everything with visuals in an open question environment. A minimum of 3 professionals are within arm’s length to help you get your camera prepared for manual shooting. We like to make it as close to a one-on-one session as we can. At the end of the lecture we roam the outdoor classroom, the beautiful, historic Barrington Hall, and turn words to action while photographing real models. The professionals will walk you through their camera’s manual settings and explain different types of lighting. This is a great opportunity to shoot as much as you want and explore your camera’s settings while having the guidance of professionals close by.
INTRO PHOTO WORKSHOP INSIDE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- What your manual camera settings do
- Understanding how light works in your camera
- How to read and use your in-camera meter
- How to shoot portraits of people in manual settings
- Rules of Thumb for photography beginners
- First steps in finding flattering lighting for your subjects
- How to shoot a portrait when the light isn’t favorable
- How to read a histogram for perfectly exposed images
WHAT MAKES CREATIVE EDGE INTRODUCTION TO PHOTOGRAPHY CLASS DIFFERENT?
- Hands-on portion of photographing models
- Minimum of 2 professional photographers at all times
- Video feedback follow up for images you took during the workshop
- Video Overview emailed to you after the workshop to review all topic covered
- Our Introduction to Photography eBook FREE, a $24 value
- $50 off your registration to the next Intermediate Photography class
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES POLICY:
Before booking workshops, please carefully review your workshop information; including location, date, time, and cost. You may transfer your workshop to another person as long as you make arrangements with us 72 hours prior to the date of the workshop. Exchanges to another workshop of the same price is possible, as long as seats are still available and you make arrangements with us 72 hours prior to the date of the original workshop scheduled. Refunds will not be given in the event of a missed workshop. No refunds will be rewarded for day-of cancellations, some exceptions may apply. Please keep in mind we have the right to reschedule a workshop to another date if we do not have a minimum of 6 attendees signed up a week prior to the workshop, or due to inclement weather.